Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First post gluten free cosmetics!

Hi! This is the inaugural post for a blog that I hope will help many people make very educated choices about gluten in cosmetics. My husband was diagnosed with celiac disease last summer (2006) and we are dedicated to a 100% gluten free home. I have been doing quite a bit of research to make sure the beauty products I buy will be of the least possible risk to him.

I have not found one total resource that has helped me make my choices. I've had to pose some very detailed questions and made (sometimes) more than one contact to try to clarify the information I am seeking. And let me tell you, not all of the companies I have contacted have given me really great answers.

I plan to post more about the strict standards I have for cosmetic "gluten free" status. For any of you who have looked into gluten free cosmetics for any reason, you may be interested to read more here. I am learning right along with you. Since my husband's condition will be with us the rest of his life, it is important for me to know what is in my beauty products at all times!

I hope that anyone reading here will find some really useful information. If you have any feedback or questions for me, please feel free to put up a post.

Thanks a lot and enjoy,
Erika

No comments: